Cook something up !
Green leafy spinach , sparkling radish , cabbage , some more from here and there ( 2 bringals one raw one ripe , 3 lady fingers ) fresh from garden .
Tiny tomatoes , just about time for tomato soup .
My love of food combined with love of gardening created another fondness as I grew up ” the love of cooking”.
I am going to pen 2 of my all time favorite recipes .
- 1. Vegetarian Pasta , Indian Style
- 2. Chicken Momos
Lets look at cooking Pasta . Its very simple actually .
what ever you think you can add to pasta ( ranges from cheese to veggies )
- wash and cut vegetables
- Boil pasta in pan . after they swell up . throw the excess water and keep them aside to cool.
- Put everything you collected earlier in ingredients section to pan . add oil , salt and black pepper.
- you can add fancy spices such as oregano , rosemary leaves , chilies flakes etc too . I like adding cumin seeds .
- add pasta . cook for few minutes till you can resist it no longer .
- Eat …. nomm nomm !!!
second in the queue , Chicken Momos .
onion , garlic , ginger , cabbage
Of course they are never complete with the one essential ingredient .
The process is simple and straightforward
- Chop the components such as onion . garlic , ginger , cabbage as finely as you can . They should be really really small . Better yet grate it .
- Next Mix the filling and cook with chicken . Remember Chicken must always be well cooked.
- Take the pre made dough . Oh I guess I should’ve added something about it in the ingredient section . Anyways lets say you have the dough somehow. Now press them and make small circles
- Put the stuff on it and make really cute designs while closing it up ( spirals work for me ) . Make sure to pull the ends from all sides or they are going to open up while steaming .
- Arranged them all in the Momo make ( its just a steamer ) . Boil for about 20 minutes.
- Tada !! Ready to be gobbled up .